A curved transfer board (or curved slide board) is a device used to help individuals with a disability or limited mobility transfer safely from one surface to another. The transfer board acts as a bridge between two surfaces, minimising the risk of slips and falls.
The SallyBoard® Personal Motility Board Curved was specially developed to provide a light, chip and splinter resistant alternative to other curved transfer boards on the market.
Small and light, with a slight curve, it is popular not only in healthcare facilities but for home users – facilitating easy transfers from chair or wheelchair to car, toilet, bed, and more. Whether a user has a temporary immobility or permanent disability, the SallyBoard® Curved proves invaluable - as a loyal SallyBoard® user explains at right.
Lightweight for easy patient transfer:
- Constructed from lightweight HDPE – much lighter than many transfer boards (also called slide boards) on the market
- TGA Registered
- Smooth top surface and curved edge for easy patient transfer
- Two large grip pads underneath to keep the board stable and in place
- Good level of flexibility in board where bed/barouche heights are not always at same level
- Radiolucent – can be used for X-rays
- Tested to Australian Standards AS/NZS ISO 10535:2011
SallyBoard® Personal Motility Board Curved - Size & Specifications:
- 77cm W x 22.2cm H x 1cm Thick
- Only 1.4kg
- SWL (safe working load) - 130kg when gap is 20-30cm;
- 180kg when gap is less than 20cm
“I’ve been using a manual wheelchair for some 30 years now and neither stand nor walk. I’m what’s lovingly called an ‘old polio’ and require a transfer board.
Previously, I used homemade plywood boards for transferring that were heavy, large and unwieldy, slipped out of place, etc.
Since being introduced to the curved SallyBoard, I’m more independent. It has a handgrip which enables me to place it exactly in position and lift/stow it easily between uses. Furthermore, it has these non-slip grips at either end under the board that hold it in place as you slide to transfer; hence, it offers this wonderful safety factor by NEVER moving and offering appropriate stability.
To conclude, I find my SallyBoard® excellent and invaluable. I could not live without it in my life.”
- Dr. Christine Tilley, Brisbane
For larger patients, the Q2 Board is available with a SWL of 285kg.