Haines Territory Manager / Product Specialist
ACT & South Sydney region
Posted 22 Feb 2024
Closing 21 Mar 2024
Haines Medical is a dynamic and innovative business focusing on specialty products in Infection Control and Manual Handling. Haines works in consultation with healthcare professionals to design and develop products that meet the specific needs of hospitals, healthcare facilities, and their patients.
About the role
The Territory Manager / Product Specialist reports on a day-to-day basis to the National Sales Manager with the assistance of the National Sales Support Manager. As an integral member of a company team, they will be required to work with administration, finance and other sales personnel of Haines Medical Australia.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Meeting revenue and product sales targets.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with allocated customer group to drive sales through introduction of new products.
- Initiating price driven sales with potential customers through cold calling via phone where we hold a significant price advantage.
- Initiating trials with potential customers through cold calling via phone.
- Follow up and problem solving in relation to potential customer trials.
- Managing the planning and preparation of product tender submissions
- Provide feedback to the National Sales Manager, Product Development Manager on products and provision of input to new product development.
- Initiating interstate / local visits for potential / existing customers as required.
- Ensure continued improvement for our Quality system.
- Owning their own territory budget forecasting process and signing off on this with the National Sales Manager and National Sales Support Manager.
Experience required (including technical)
- 3+ years sales experience in the Hospital / Healthcare Industry.
- Great customer service skills.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to gain specific product knowledge and expertise in a timely manner.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of MYOB an advantage.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- High quality written and spoken English language skills and an ability to influence and build rapport with:
- Customers to sell in product.
- Trainers / professionals in the industry.
If this sounds like you, please submit a CV and cover letter.
Note: It is a mandatory requirement for certain roles within our organisation, where the successful applicant may be required to present certifications and/or vaccinations status as per role requirements. Evidence of certificates or vaccination status will be requested during the interview process by management to qualify fit for role and prior to any offer.